This week at Corner Brook City Council: mock council meeting with grade six students, changing to a regional board of appeals system, IMSP amendments, and more!
- Grade six students hold mock council meeting (although they are nice kids and don’t actually mock any of the councillors).
- While tied at last meeting, this meeting the vote was cast to participate in a regional board of appeals system.
- Contracts awarded for rental vehicles, asphalt, concrete, and granular materials.
- Minor amendments to IMSP.
- Development of a pub at 86 Broadway approved.
- Grant approved for Gros Morne Summer Music.
- Nomination deadline for the 2013 municipal election set as August 28, 2013.